Why is Mathematics important for your child?
Mathematics is important for everyone. It is a basic necessity of life. Knowing how to calculate is something that is needed every day. In order to calculate one must have sound knowledge of numbers. It is very important that this knowledge of numbers and calculation is inculcated in a child from a very young age. It is the duty and responsibility of parents to ensure that their child has a functional knowledge of mathematics. Maths enrichment for K1 children is of utmost importance. There are several reasons why your child should be well versed in mathematics:
- Having a sound knowledge of mathematics ensure that you can think logically and solve problems.
- It also helps your child to understand the cause of the problem (all this being a part of logical thinking) and thereby give a particular solution to it.
- Children nowadays, from a very young age are well versed with calculators on phone. Thus mathematics indirectly teaches the child about technology as well.
- In the long run, having a good knowledge of mathematics helps the child to keep a track of his or her life, by knowing what the daily expenses are and how to manage them.
- Finally, mathematical knowledge is crucial in knowing time and money management which is a basic necessity in everyday life.
How to improve mathematical aptitude?
- There are several ways in which you can help your child to improve their aptitude in mathematics. But there are some initial steps that must be followed:
- Firstly, understand the child’s attitude towards the subject. If the child is reluctant towards developing his or her numeric skills, then you have to put in extra effort to develop his or her interest.
- Make your child believe that they can solve any mathematical problem. This will reinforce their belief in their capability to solve the problem, which in turn will make mathematics more interesting for them.
- Ensure that your child understand mathematical concepts very clearly so that they can understand the premise of the mathematical problem they are expected to solve. Maths enrichment for K1 help in making these concepts clearer.
- Neat presentation will make your child take a keen interest in the subject. Hence encourage your child to write the numbers neatly.
- Not everything your child will be able to solve on their own. Hence help them with any mathematical problem as and when they need it.
These steps will ensure that your child has a better aptitude in mathematics.